Due to light constraints for weekday games, and trying to keep closing day mostly on schedule, the following will apply for all Playoff Games:
- After six innings, if tied, the game goes into regular extra innings.
- If after 2 hours and 30 minutes, the game is still tied (regardless of inning number), a California tiebreaker approach will begin at the top of the next new inning.
- Last out from prior inning is placed as the runner on second base at start of the Cal tiebreaker inning.
- Play continues in this fashion until there's a winner.
- If still no winner, and (per only the umpire) light runs out to complete a full inning, a coin flip will determine the winner, with home team calling it in the air.
If the game is not tied, the "no new after 2 hours" still applies per Hill Rules.